Course Description: The one day ACLS Instructor course utilizes small group learning stations to review current concepts of teaching cardiovascular care. In the learning stations participants will review essential skills and ACLS concepts, receive instruction on ACLS equipment use, and practice teaching a case presentation. Participants will also receive training in American Heart Association expectations for instructors.
Intended Audience: Personnel staffing emergency, intensive care or critical care departments; emergency medical providers such as physicians, nurses, emergency technicians, paramedics, respiratory therapists and other professionals who may respond to a cardiovascular emergency.
1. A current AHA provider card received 60 days prior to the course.
2. A letter of recommendation to be an instructor from a Training Center Faculty or Regional Faculty member received by the training center 30 days in advance of the course.
3. AHA Training Center Alignment form received to by our office 30 days prior to the course.
4. AHA Core Instructor Course completed and Certificate received at the training center 30 days prior to the course.
5. Provider Skills check off 30 days prior to the course by Training Center Faculty or Regional Faculty. There will be no remediation of skills at this time. Potential candidates that do not pass skills checks will not be allowed to attend the instructor course.
6. Potential instructors who do not meet these guidelines shall not be allowed to take the instructor course and will be turned away day of class.
7. In order to attend the course and teach the BLS Healthcare provider course, you must have a current BLS Healthcare provider Certification within 60 days of the course and be a clinician. Lay responders may not teach BLS Healthcare Provider courses that are associated with our training center.
8. Willingness to teach the scientific and program guidelines of the American Heart Association.
9. Commitment to teach two courses per year according to AHA guidelines.
10. For more information, please contact our Director of Training.
ECC Handbook, Strongly Recommended
ACLS Provider Manual, Required or ACLS Text, Reference
Instructor’s Manual: Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support
ACLS Instructor’s Tool Kit with required videos
Card Type: Instructor Card will be issued after initial monitoring.
Written/Skills Exam: Required for completion card
Course Length: 8 hours 9am-5pm
Register for the ACLS Instructor course: Select the date and then add to cart.
ACLS Instructor course with Textbook Portsmouth Location